A dictatorship cannot function without...
The State Propaganda Machine.
Its purpose is to constantly remind society who's in control, and what to believe.
A strong media network is necessary for any successful dictatorship.
This requires the dictator to centralize the independent media, to neutralize opposition media, and to create / promote official state propaganda outlets.
Only then, with cooperation from the media, does the Orwellian nightmare begin.
A country that has to withstand the abuse of a Cult of Personality, for 4 years, 8 years - God forbid, longer than that... - will not be the same.
There will be acolytes. Martyrs. The robbed. The angry radicals. The cynics & faithless.
And all of the physical remnants of Trump scattered across the landscape will soon be, at best, like pockmarks on America's young face.
Or scar tissue. If we survive.
Trump is already following in the trend of Central Asian dictator's like Tajikistan President Emomali Rakhmon;
or President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev;
the leader of Turkmenistan, Saparmurat Niyazov;
or his successor, Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov.
Based on them, here's things to look out for in America:
- Trump's face appearing on countless billboards / posters.
- Giant pictures of Trump everywhere depicting him at work "among the people."
- Elevated by Congress to an official symbolic title like "Leader of the Nation."
- Student competitions to express their admiration for Trump.
- Trump's name being used for new towns, parks, national monuments, etc.
- Artists creating highly-publicized anthology works dedicated to Trump's reign.
- Politicians who transcendentalize Trump's reign as official statement ("time to celebrate the good news of a new King.”)
- Gold-leaf statues of Trump begin popping up around America / around the world?
- Self Authored Book becomes a national read.
- Fake news reports abound of Trump's miracles and accomplishments.
These are just some of the things Central Asian dictators do to maintain power via Cult of Personality. Putin, in Russia, likewise. Expect the same from their ilk - Donald Trump.